Thursday, April 8, 2010

ROTF Custom Jetfire (Leader Class)

I was looking at other pictures of what people have done to Jetfire. I found that the blue plastic was incredibly cheesy looking... not sure what they were thinking when they made him. I mixed a bunch of paints together: steel paint and gloss black. Then I decided that I would make him look a little older, scratched and rusty; so I used copper and dry brushed it on. I also added some detail in the turbines, and sprayed him over with a dull coat clear enamel finish.

This was the very first Transformer that I painted. I ended up taking him completely apart and painted each piece before putting it back together. I didn't paint anything for the jet mode because I liked the original flat black.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket


Below is a picture of the original ROTF Jetfire.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment